Bridging the Digital Divide in Confinement and Postpartum Care for New Mothers
The Collective welcomes leading industry players from all over Malaysia to join forces and promote the development of the maternity and confinement care industry
FL Sanctuary and Nuren Group, the largest women community and e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Malaysia's leading parenting platform, have signed a MoU with four other key confinement facility brands to form The Collective, Malaysia's first Multi Brand Confinement Group.
The Collective aims to provide comprehensive support to new mothers during their confinement period, including medical support from gynecologists, pediatricians, lactation specialists, and other experts who will visit the confinement centers to look for and treat early signs of complications in mothers and their children.
Dr Benny Tee, Founder of JTL Confinement Centre, emphasizes the critical nature of the initial 28-day postnatal period for women who have just given birth: "This is important as mothers need to recover completely to build up strong stamina before the long journey of taking care of her newborn."
Connie Low, Founder of The Sanctuary Post-Partum Care & Retreat Centre, explains their goal: "We aim to assist women in upholding the responsibility and belief of adhering to traditional practices, especially in the modern workplace."
The Collective also welcomes leading industry players from all over Malaysia to join forces and promote the development of the maternity and confinement care industry.
Confinement and Postpartum Care
- Confinement typically involves traditional postnatal practices lasting between 28 to 44 days, and with the increasing availability of such centers in major cities across Malaysia, many mothers are now choosing this option.
- These centers prioritize the consumption of herbs and nutritious food, which can help the body rejuvenate from the loss of Qi and blood during the childbirth process. It is essential for new mothers to receive complete postpartum care, as a lack of Qi and blood can lead to fatigue and even postpartum depression.
- The Collective is equipped with the latest medical technology and staffed by experienced medical professionals to offer comprehensive medical support. Additionally, they will set up an academy to train new generations of postpartum caregivers and encourage more young women to improve their skills and return to the workforce.
Bridging the Digital Divide
- The confinement care industry faces the significant challenge of addressing the digital gap between traditional consumers and modern, tech-savvy urban mothers-to-be.
- Nuren Group is taking the lead in bridging this digital divide in the confinement care industry by developing a booking system in the Parenting SuperApp by Motherhood that will allow expectant mothers to research and book confinement nannies and centers from the comfort of their homes.
- Petrina Goh, CEO of Nuren Group, highlights the success of their New Mom Program: "Our program provides a wide range of support to nationwide pregnant women and new mothers, from expert advice to curated products, delivered with convenience and care."
- "Besides the traditional practices...using different types of herbs to help a mother completely recover from postpartum." - Dr Benny Tee
- "We aim to assist women in upholding the responsibility and belief of adhering to traditional practices, especially in the modern workplace." - Connie Low
- "Our program provides a wide range of support to nationwide pregnant women and new mothers, from expert advice to curated products, delivered with convenience and care." - Petrina Goh